Thursday, November 15, 2007

Naseeha

Hassaan bin Atiyya said, Allah said:


"My servant is not delivered from Me (i.e. from My punishment) except by doing that which I enjoined upon him; and he does not stop drawing nearer to Me with supererogatory acts until I love him, and he does not draw nearer to Me with anything better than naseeha. So if he does that I become his heart with which he understands, his tongue with which he speaks, and his sight with which he sees- I answer him if he supplicates Me, I give him if he asks Me, and I forgive him if he asks My forgiveness."



The Prophet salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam said,

"Allah Most High said: Of all the ways that I am worshiped, the one I love the most is sincere naseeha."




Both hadiths narrated by Abdullah ibn Mubarak.


-------------------------------------------------

Naseeha is advice, or good counsel. It is to give people recommendations and help, out of sincere interest in helping them. It is to remind them of what is right and what is wrong, and to not be ashamed to do that.

Allah's Messenger Muhammad, pbuh, said, "The Deen is naseeha, The Deen is naseeha, The Deen is naseeha".

No comments: